OUR WEEKLY NEWS - UPDATED EVERY MONDAY
Weekly News - Monday 3rd - Friday 14th June 2019
On Monday 3rd June the school will be closed for the Bank Holiday weekend.
On Tuesday 4th June we will enjoy a special RJS Coder Dojo assembly with a presentation of projects prepared by our children during the last term.
On Wednesday 5th June Form Six will leave the school at 9am for their much anticipated overnight trip to the Carlingford Adventure Centre in Co. Louth. They will enjoy a selection of activities including Canadian Kayaking, Campfire and the Sky Park. Form Six will return at approximately 5:30pm on Thursday 6th June
Also on Wednesday 5th June Form Five will be travelling to Causey Farm in Co. Meath. This is always a hugely popular trip, not least for the chance to get covered in mud with a jump in the bog!!
On Friday 7th June the final RJS Choir session of the year will take place. Many thanks to Miss Bowens for all of her dedication to the choir this year and congratulations to the choir members who have produced some memorable performances through the year.
On Monday 10th June our annual Art and Handwork Exhibition will take place from 4-7pm. We look forward to welcoming family and friends, as well as prospective and incoming pupils, to share some of the super art and crafts produced by the children across the year. Please remember the school will not be open during normal hours on the day of the Exhibition.
On Tuesday 11th June our Art and Handwork Exhibition will be taken down. Could all children please remember to bring in a large, strong bag to bring home all their lovely art!
On Wednesday 12th June Ailbhe Gerrard will visit Form Six to talk to them about her beekeeping and honey-making ventures in Co. Tipperary.
Also on Wednesday 12th June Kindergarten A and B will be going on their annual Teddy Bears' Picnic to Belgrave Square and the Resource children will be going for a trip to Palmerston Park on the same morning.
On Thursday 13th June Form Six will go on their annual trip to Palmerston Park for fun, games and a picnic. They will also be returning to the school in the evening for their Movie Night with a slice of pizza and yet more treats, before watching a film on the big screen. Thanks to the parents for organising this special event.
On Friday 14th June the school will close for the summer holidays with all classes ending at 12:30pm. We will enjoy a whole school assembly together, the end of year slideshow and a presentation to Form Six, our 'Class of 2019', who will be, very sadly, leaving us. We wish them every success and happiness and hope to see them back soon, full of the news from their new adventures.
Thanks to everyone for making this such a wonderful year together. We wish all our families a happy, sunny and fun-filled summer and look forward to welcoming everyone back on Tuesday 3rd September (classes end at 12:30pm).
- Almost three hours of emotional entertainment, reflection and celebration was enjoyed by everyone that shared in the experience of the Form Six “At Home” 2019. Over several weeks Form Six had spent an increasing amount of time practising and fine-tuning Read More ...Read More »
- On Tuesday 21st May, Form 3 – 6 went to Terenure Sports Club to take part in the annual Rathgar Junior School Senior Sports Day. We were blessed with the weather and luckily the rain held off so the races Read More ...Read More »
- On May 13thMrs Glass went out of the classroom. We were waiting for Mrs Glass to come back but unexpectedly she walked back in the room with two Gardaí behind her! We were wondering what they were here for. Then Read More ...Read More »
- On Tuesday morning a lovely lady called Amanda from Bee Aware came into our classroom. She talked about the importance of bees. It was very interesting. Did you know that every hive has a Queen Bee? It also has worker Read More ...Read More »
- This week we have each been presenting our first projects to the rest of class. We were asked to write facts about an animal of our choice. The class chose many different living creatures. Here are some examples: Black Mamba, Read More ...Read More »
- On Wednesday it was Rathgar Junior Schools annual Sale of Work and Bake Sale. It was a magnificent day full of fun, games, cakes, and treats. The day was expertly run by the Form 6 students with support from Form Read More ...Read More »
- As part of our Science topic on Fruit and Vegetables, we planted some seeds from the Innocent Big Grow. We had three seeds to choose from; spinach, cress and peas. We put soil in a paper cup and planted our Read More ...Read More »
- This afternoon the RJS Boys Hockey team secured a wonderful League and Plate double triumph, providing great memories for all who attended. At a sun-soaked Wesley College, the atmosphere was electric on Leinster Finals Day as our buses full of Read More ...Read More »