Swimming and Games are optional. Games are played on local pitches the children travel by private bus. Swimming starts from Kindergarten ‘B’. Games start from the summer term in Form 1. Members of Forms 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 may play games for three school terms. Hockey is played in the autumn and spring terms. Summer activities include cricket, tennis, athletics and rounders. Junior and Senior Sports days are held separately to allow pupils to participate in an informal atmosphere.
Autumn & Spring terms:
- Hockey (Forms 2-6) at Three Rock Rovers HC, Grange Road, Rathfarnham
- Tuesday – leave RJS at 1:30pm, return 3:15-3:30pm
- Thursday – leave RJS at 2:30pm, return 4:15-4:30pm
- Summer term – at Terenure Sports Club:
- Tuesday (Forms 2-6) Athletics, Rounders, Soccer – leave RJS at 1:30pm, return 3:15-3:30pm
- Thursday (Forms 3-6) Cricket or Tennis – leave RJS at 2:30pm, return 4:15-4:30pm
- At Ashbrook Tennis Club:
- Form 2 – leave RJS at 2:00pm – return at 3:10-3:15pm.